Shear Stress-Mediated Growth of Cupric Phosphate Nanostructures
- Ashley B. Carey
- Wanling CaiWanling CaiFlinders Institute for Nanoscale Science and Technology, College of Science and Engineering, Flinders University, Adelaide, South Australia 5001, AustraliaMore by Wanling Cai
- Christopher T. GibsonChristopher T. GibsonFlinders Institute for Nanoscale Science and Technology, College of Science and Engineering, Flinders University, Adelaide, South Australia 5001, AustraliaFlinders Microscopy and Microanalysis, College of Science and Engineering, Flinders University, Adelaide, South Australia 5042, AustraliaMore by Christopher T. Gibson
- Colin L. Raston*
- , and
- Xuan Luo*
A facile, expeditious, and green method has been developed to fabricate cupric phosphate nanosheets, nanoflowers, nanoscrolls, and nanopetals using a vortex fluidic device (VFD), which possesses a rapidly rotating quartz tube tilted at ±45°. The changing state and dimensions of the nanostructures can be precisely controlled by varying the rotational speed of the angled quartz tube, processing time, pH, temperature, and the concentration of the divalent copper ion and phosphate ion precursor solutions. Via VFD processing, nanostructures are generated in 10 min and exhibit good stability in the absence of chemical stabilizers. In addition, the as-prepared nanoflowers exhibit enhanced catalytic activity for the Fenton degradation of Rhodamine B due to their hierarchical porous structure. The results obtained highlight the utility of the VFD by demonstrating its ability to control the growth and manipulation of inorganic crystalline materials.
This article is cited by 4 publications.
- Xuan Luo, Wanling Cai, Kasturi Vimalanathan, Aghil Igder, Zoe Gardner, Spencer Petticrew, Shan He, Clarence Chuah, Youhong Tang, Peng Su, Wei Zhang, Colin L. Raston. Magnetite Nanoparticle/Copper Phosphate Nanoflower Composites for Fenton-like Organic Dye Degradation. ACS Applied Nano Materials 2022, 5
, 2875-2884. https://doi.org/10.1021/acsanm.2c00037
- Farnoosh Rezayaraghi, Hossein Jafari-Nodoushan, Somayeh Mojtabavi, Shiva Golshani, Hoda Jahandar, Mohammad Ali Faramarzi. Hybridization of laccase with dendrimer-grafted silica-coated hercynite-copper phosphate magnetic hybrid nanoflowers and its application in bioremoval of gemifloxacin. Environmental Science and Pollution Research 2022, 29
, 89255-89272. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11356-022-21959-4
- Khashayar Vojdanitalab, Hossein Jafari-Nodoushan, Somayeh Mojtabavi, Mahtab Shokri, Hoda Jahandar, Mohammad Ali Faramarzi. Instantaneous synthesis and full characterization of organic–inorganic laccase-cobalt phosphate hybrid nanoflowers. Scientific Reports 2022, 12
- Hossein Jafari-Nodoushan, Somayeh Mojtabavi, Mohammad Ali Faramarzi, Nasrin Samadi. Organic-inorganic hybrid nanoflowers: The known, the unknown, and the future. Advances in Colloid and Interface Science 2022, 309 , 102780. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cis.2022.102780