Density, Viscosity, and Refractive Index Data for a Ternary System of Wine Congeners (Ethyl Butyrate + Diethyl Succinate + Isobutanol) in the Temperature Range from 288.15 to 323.15 K and at Atmospheric Pressure
Density, viscosity, and refractive index data for the ternary system ethyl butyrate + diethyl succinate + isobutanol and binary system ethyl butyrate + diethyl succinate have been measured in the temperature range 288.15–323.15 K, with temperature step of 5 K, and at atmospheric pressure. The measurements were performed on an Anton Paar DMA 5000 digital vibrating tube densimeter, Anton Paar SVM 3000 digital viscometer, and Anton Paar RXA 156 refractometer. Based on the corresponding binary data, as well as ternary data, presented in this work, excess molar volumes (VE), viscosity deviations (Δη), and refractive index deviations (ΔnD) were determined and fitted by the Redlich–Kister and Nagata–Tamura polynomial equations. The influence of mixture composition on values of excess molar volume, deviation functions, and the molecular interactions present in the mixtures was further discussed.
This article is cited by 11 publications.
- Héctor Aarón García-Cortés, Ricardo Macías-Salinas. Viscosity Modeling of Pure Alcohols Based on the Significant Structure Theory and a Cubic Equation of State. Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research 2023, 62 (21) , 8410-8432. https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.iecr.3c00036
- Nikola D. Grozdanić, Divna M. Majstorović, Jovan D. Jovanović, Mirjana Lj. Kijevčanin, Emila M. Živković. Volumetric and Transport Properties of Isoamyl Acetate Based Binary Systems─Experimental Determination and Modeling. Journal of Chemical & Engineering Data 2022, 67 (9) , 2257-2273. https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.jced.2c00241
- Xiaolin Zhao, Ji Mi, Yitong Dai, Guijin He, Yongsheng Guo, Wenjun Fang. Density and Viscosity Measurements on the Ternary System of exo-Tetrahydrodicyclopentadiene (1) + n-Decane (2) + Iso-Butanol (3) and Corresponding Binary Systems. Journal of Chemical & Engineering Data 2020, 65 (5) , 2527-2539. https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.jced.9b01171
- Yasmine Chabouni, Fouzia Amireche. Some Physicochemical Properties of Binary Mixtures of Glycerol with Butanol Isomers in the Temperature Range 293.15–318.15 K and Ambient Pressure. Journal of Chemical & Engineering Data 2020, 65 (4) , 1679-1694. https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.jced.9b01052
- J. Jovanović, D. Majstorović, I. Milošević, E. Živković, N. Grozdanić, V. Vesovic. Viscosity of methyl and ethyl esters: Experiments and modeling. Journal of Molecular Liquids 2023, 382 , 121930. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.molliq.2023.121930
- Divna M. Majstorović, Petar I. Petrović, Mirjana Lj. Kijevčanin, Emila M. Živković. Thermodynamic study of triacetin or ethyl levulinate and alcohol binary mixtures. The Journal of Chemical Thermodynamics 2023, 180 , 107004. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jct.2023.107004
- H. Ghazipour, A. Gutiérrez, M.M. Alavianmehr, S.M. Hosseini, S. Aparicio. Tuning the properties of ionic liquids by mixing with organic solvents: The case of 1-butyl-3-methylimidazolium glutamate with alkanols. Journal of Molecular Liquids 2022, 347 , 117953. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.molliq.2021.117953
- Jianfeng Zhou, Yen-Con Hung, Xing Xie. Making waves: Pathogen inactivation by electric field treatment: From liquid food to drinking water. Water Research 2021, 207 , 117817. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.watres.2021.117817
- K. P. Singh, S. Singh. Thermodynamic and acoustic properties of binary mixtures of PEGDME 250 with 1-propanol and 1-butanol at 293, 303 and 313°K. Physics and Chemistry of Liquids 2019, 57 (5) , 658-678. https://doi.org/10.1080/00319104.2018.1510930
- Mengsha Cai, Zhaoshan Liu, Haiyun Sun, Yongsheng Guo, Wenjun Fang. Densities and viscosities for the ternary system of cyclopropanemethanol (1) + 2, 2, 4-trimethylpentane (2) + decalin (3) and corresponding binaries at T = 293.15–323.15 K. Physics and Chemistry of Liquids 2019, 57 (4) , 491-503. https://doi.org/10.1080/00319104.2018.1491044
- Divna M. Majstorović, Emila M. Živković, Mirjana Lj. Kijevčanin. Volumetric and viscometric study and modelling of binary systems of diethyl tartrate and alcohols. Journal of Molecular Liquids 2017, 248 , 219-226. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.molliq.2017.10.067