Solubility of Perfluoropentanoic Acid in Supercritical Carbon Dioxide: Measurements and Modeling
The solubility of perfluoropentanoic acid in supercritical carbon dioxide was investigated for a broad range of pressures (10 to 26 MPa) and at three temperatures: 314, 324, and 334 K. A dynamic gravimetric device was used for the high pressure measurements. The solubility ranges from (24.7 ± 0.3) kg·m–3 at 334 K to 10.2 MPa to (103.9 ± 7.7) kg·m–3 at 314 K and 20.1 MPa. Density-based models, notably the dimensionless version of the Adachi-Lu model, fit the experimental data accurately. The latter model was employed to calculate the solubility over a wide range of CO2 densities.
This article is cited by 8 publications.
- Deepitha John, Chinaraga Pitchaiah Kancharlapalli, Sivaraman Nagarajan. Solubility of Phenylphosphinic Acid in Supercritical Carbon Dioxide and the Influence of Methanol on the Solubility Behavior. Journal of Chemical & Engineering Data 2019, 64
, 5775-5784. https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.jced.9b00732
- Željko Knez, Darija Cör, Maša Knez Hrnčič. Solubility of Solids in Sub- and Supercritical Fluids: A Review 2010–2017. Journal of Chemical & Engineering Data 2018, 63
, 860-884. https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.jced.7b00778
- Ralf Dohrn, Stephanie Peper, Catinca Secuianu, José M.S. Fonseca. High-pressure fluid-phase equilibria: Experimental methods, developments and systems investigated (2013–2016). Fluid Phase Equilibria 2023, 3 , 113978. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fluid.2023.113978
- Sofyane Bouali, Antoine Leybros, Guillaume Toquer, Thomas Zemb, Agnès Grandjean. Influence of cerium salt concentration, co-solvents and water on the efficiency of supercritical CO2 extraction. Chemical Engineering Research and Design 2021, 169 , 9-18. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cherd.2021.02.033
- Xubiao Wang. Rigorous Modeling of Solubility of Acid in Supercritical Carbon Dioxide Using Connectionist approach: Comparison between ANN and density based modeling. Energy Sources, Part A: Recovery, Utilization, and Environmental Effects 2021, 74 , 1-14. https://doi.org/10.1080/15567036.2020.1871445
- Sofyane Bouali, Antoine Leybros, Guillaume Toquer, Antoine Leydier, Agnès Grandjean, Thomas Zemb. Amidophosphonate ligands as cerium extractants in supercritical CO2. The Journal of Supercritical Fluids 2019, 149 , 64-69. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.supflu.2019.03.025
- Xianjun Zha, Sai Han, Weifang Wang, Zhen Jiao. Experimental measurement and correlation of solubility of ethosuximide in supercritical carbon dioxide. The Journal of Chemical Thermodynamics 2019, 131 , 104-110. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jct.2018.10.032
- Antoine Leybros, Nathalie Segond, Agnès Grandjean. Remediation of 137Cs-contaminated concrete rubble by supercritical CO2 extraction. Chemosphere 2018, 208 , 838-845. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chemosphere.2018.06.051