Experimental Measurement of JP-10 Viscosity at 242.7–753.3 K under Pressures up to 6.00 MPa
Viscosity under high temperatures and pressures is one of the most important thermophysical properties related to the heat-transfer calculation for fuel-cooled thermal management technology. The viscosities of a high-density hydrocarbon fuel JP-10 were measured using a two-capillary method at 242.7–753.3 K under 0.69–6 MPa. After the viscosity data of pure n-octane was measured and compared with the literature data, the measurement system was calibrated, and the average absolute deviation (AAD) and the maximum absolute deviation (MAD) were found to be 0.71% and 1.35%. Yaws’ equation and Bruno’s equation are used to correlate the experimental data. The results are that the correlation AAD for Yaws’ equation and Bruno’s equation are within 4.04% and 4.25% under all the test conditions, respectively.
This article is cited by 7 publications.
- Jiaqing Zhang, Chao Yang, Zhaohui Liu, Xiaofeng Huang, Peiqi Li. Measurements and Predictive Models for the Viscosity of Coal-Based Kerosene at Temperatures up to 673 K and Pressures up to 40 MPa. Journal of Chemical & Engineering Data 2022, 67 (9) , 2242-2256. https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.jced.2c00235
- Zhizhen Qin, Siyuan Gong, Xiangwen Zhang, Qincheng Bi, Zhaohui Liu, Guozhu Liu. Experimental Measurement of JP-10 Density at 267 to 873 K under Pressures up to 6.00 MPa. Journal of Chemical & Engineering Data 2019, 64 (1) , 218-225. https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.jced.8b00729
- Jae Seung Kim, Jiwan Seo, Kyu Hong Kim. Cubic Equation of State Analysis for the Prediction of Supercritical Thermodynamic Properties of Hydrocarbon Fuels with High Critical Compressibility Factor. Journal of the Korean Society of Propulsion Engineers 2022, 26 (5) , 24-34. https://doi.org/10.6108/KSPE.2022.26.5.024
- Jae Seung Kim, Jiwan Seo, Dabin Han, Kyu Hong Kim. Prediction of thermochemical and transport properties of hydrocarbon aviation fuel in supercritical state with thermal decomposition. Fuel 2022, 325 , 124805. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fuel.2022.124805
- Junsen Yang, Yi Wu, Zhenpeng Zhang, Yanlei Shang, Lun Pan. Experimental and Numerical Studies of Ignition Delay Time and Laminar Flame Speed of JP-10 at Elevated Temperature Conditions. Frontiers in Energy Research 2022, 10 https://doi.org/10.3389/fenrg.2022.910304
- Huashi Xu, Tianyou Wang, Zhizhao Che. Flow in fuel nozzles under cavitation and flash-boiling conditions. AIP Advances 2022, 12 (5) , 055218. https://doi.org/10.1063/5.0089755
- Yutong Wang, Siyuan Gong, Ling Li, Guozhu Liu. Sub-to-supercritical properties and inhomogeneity of JP-10 using molecular dynamics simulation. Fuel 2021, 288 , 119696. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fuel.2020.119696