Solubility Measurement and Phase Equilibrium Modeling of 2-Aminobenzamide in 15 Pure Solvents
- Kui Wu*
- Yajun Li*
The solubility of 2-aminobenzamide in 15 pure organic solvents, including methanol, ethanol, n-propanol, isopropanol, n-butanol, isobutanol, n-pentanol, isopentanol, n-hexanol, n-octanol, acetone, ethyl acetate, acetonitrile, tetrahydrofuran, and methyl acetate, was measured using a gravimetric method over the temperature range from 273.15 to 324.15 K under atmosphere pressure. Four thermodynamic models, that is, Apelblat equation, λh equation, nonrandom two-liquid equation, and Wilson equation, were applied to correlate the measured solubility data. The correlation results were evaluated by the relative average deviation. The results indicated that the mole fraction solubility increased with the rising of temperature in all 15 solvents, and the Wilson model gave the best fitting results. The experimental data and correlation models would be useful in the purification and synthesis process of 2-aminobenzamide.
This article is cited by 8 publications.
- Pavan B. Rathi, Mayura Kale, Abolghasem Jouyban. Thermodynamic Modeling and Solubility Study of Satranidazole in Different Monosolvents at Different Temperatures. Journal of Chemical & Engineering Data 2021, 66
, 3745-3756. https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.jced.1c00385
- Mengyao An, Dengjing Yi, Jingxuan Qiu, Haoyou Liu, Shen Hu, Jiaming Han, Ying Guo, Haishuang Huang, Hui He, Peng Wang. Measurement and Correlation for Solubility of Moroxydine Hydrochloride in Pure and Binary Solvents. Journal of Chemical & Engineering Data 2020, 65
, 2611-2618. https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.jced.0c00015
- Mengyao An, Jingxuan Qiu, Dengjing Yi, Haoyou Liu, Shen Hu, Jiaming Han, Haishuang Huang, Hui He, Conglei Liu, Ziyi Zhao, Yan Shi, Peng Wang. Measurement and Correlation for Solubility of l-Alanine in Pure and Binary Solvents at Temperatures from 283.15 to 323.15 K. Journal of Chemical & Engineering Data 2020, 65
, 549-560. https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.jced.9b00743
- Huiqi Wang, Jianpo Ren, Shihao Zhang, Jiayu Dai, Yue Niu, Ketao Shi, Qiuxiang Yin, Ling Zhou. Measurement and correlation of solubility of 9-fluorenone in 11 pure organic solvents from T = 283.15 to 323.15 K. Chinese Journal of Chemical Engineering 2023, 60 , 235-241. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cjche.2023.02.024
- William Acree, James S. Chickos. Phase Transition Enthalpy Measurements of Organic Compounds. An Update of Sublimation, Vaporization, and Fusion Enthalpies from 2016 to 2021. Journal of Physical and Chemical Reference Data 2022, 51
- Maciej Przybyłek, Patrycja Walczak, Dorota Ziółkowska, Izabela Grela, Piotr Cysewski. Studies on the solid–liquid equilibria and intermolecular interactions Urea binary mixtures with Sulfanilamide and Sulfacetamide. The Journal of Chemical Thermodynamics 2021, 153 , 106308. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jct.2020.106308
- Tomasz Jeliński, Natalia Bugalska, Kinga Koszucka, Maciej Przybyłek, Piotr Cysewski. Solubility of sulfanilamide in binary solvents containing water: Measurements and prediction using Buchowski-Ksiazczak solubility model. Journal of Molecular Liquids 2020, 319 , 114342. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.molliq.2020.114342
- Jin-Qiang Liu, Haipeng Chen, Shu-Fang An, Ting-Ting Li. Solubility measurement and correlation of 2-phenyl-1H-indole in fourteen mono organic solvents from 289.05K to 338.55K. Journal of Molecular Liquids 2020, 302 , 112491. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.molliq.2020.112491