Computational Selection of Thermally Activated Delayed Fluorescence (TADF) Molecules with Promising Electrically Pumped Lasing Property
- Shiyun Lin
- Qi Ou*
- , and
- Zhigang Shuai*
Thermally activated delayed fluorescence (TADF) materials are competitive candidates toward electrically pumped organic lasing, because of its ability to suppress triplet accumulations by reverse intersystem crossing (RISC), especially, the multiresonance TADF (MR-TADF) compounds featuring narrow-band emission and high photoluminescence quantum yields. The goal of this work is to theoretically screen out promising electrically pumped organic laser compounds over both MR-TADF and conventional TADF molecules. We calculate the photophysical parameters over 21 organic TADF molecules to determine if the electrically pumped lasing criteria can be met, i.e., no substantial absorption/annihilation processes caused by excitons and polarons near the S1 emission wavelength. The selection criteria include large oscillator strength of S1, large net emission cross-section, long S1 lifetime, and large reverse intersystem crossing rate. We are able to conclude that DABNA-2, m-Cz-BNCz, ADBNA-Me-Mes, and ADBNA-Me-Tips MR-TADF molecules are prospective candidates for electrically pumped lasing based on our theoretical protocol, and we believe this work would immediately benefit this field with better and more efficient molecular design of TADF gain materials.
This article is cited by 6 publications.
- Ping Li, Yewen Zhang, Qixin Lv, Chengxi Sun, Wenjing Li, Cefeng Zhou, Runfeng Chen. Manipulating Multiple Resonance-Charge Transfer Hybrid Proportion for Developing Red Narrowband Thermally Activated Delayed Fluorescence Materials. The Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters 2023, Article ASAP.
- Bin Zhang, Zhigang Shuai. Quantum Dynamical Approach to Predicting the Optical Pumping Threshold for Lasing in Organic Materials. The Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters 2023, Article ASAP.
- Huixue Li, Xiaofeng Wang, Kun Yuan, Lingling Lv, Kui Liu, Zhifeng Li. Fluorescent Mechanism of a Highly Selective Probe for Copper(II) Detection: A Theoretical Study. ACS Omega 2023, 8 (19) , 17171-17180. https://doi.org/10.1021/acsomega.3c01528
- Ping Li, Wenjing Li, Qixin Lv, Runfeng Chen, Chao Zheng. Design of high-performance circularly polarized multiple resonance-based TADF materials via participatory chiral perturbation. Journal of Materials Chemistry C 2023, 11 (12) , 4033-4041. https://doi.org/10.1039/D2TC05229F
- Jun‐Jie Wu, Xue‐Dong Wang, Liang‐Sheng Liao. Advances in Energy‐Level Systems of Organic Lasers. Laser & Photonics Reviews 2022, 16 (12) , 2200366. https://doi.org/10.1002/lpor.202200366
- Zhuangzhuang Wei, Shanshan Jiang, Fangfang Qi, Xin Lv, Jinhui Song, Junjing Gu, Lingyi Meng, Can‐Zhong Lu. Predicting and Designing Thermally Activated Delayed Fluorescence Molecules with Balanced Δ E ST and Transition Dipole Moment. Advanced Theory and Simulations 2022, 5 (11) , 2200494. https://doi.org/10.1002/adts.202200494