Infinite Dilution Activity Coefficients in Ethylene Glycol and Ethylene Carbonate
Infinite dilution activity coefficients (γ∞) have been determined by using a gas−liquid chromatography (GLC) technique for benzene, toluene, methanol, ethanol, 2-propanol, and acetaldehyde in ethylene glycol and ethylene carbonate in a range of temperatures from 50 to 110 °C. In the literature, there were no reported data for γ∞ for any of the studied solutes in ethylene carbonate or for acetaldehyde in ethylene glycol. A few γ∞ data were available for benzene, toluene, methanol, and 2-propanol in ethylene glycol, but they were limited to a low-temperature range (<70 °C). The measured γ∞ data in this work therefore provide a good source of γ∞ data in the higher temperature region.
This article is cited by 6 publications.
- Georgios K. Folas,, Georgios M. Kontogeorgis,, Michael L. Michelsen, and, Erling H. Stenby. Application of the Cubic-Plus-Association (CPA) Equation of State to Complex Mixtures with Aromatic Hydrocarbons. Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research 2006, 45
, 1527-1538. https://doi.org/10.1021/ie050976q
- Thomas Brouwer, Sascha R.A. Kersten, Gerrald Bargeman, Boelo Schuur. trends in solvent impact on infinite dilution activity coefficients of solutes reviewed and visualized using an algorithm to support selection of solvents for greener fluid separations. Separation and Purification Technology 2021, 272 , 118727. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.seppur.2021.118727
- Elisa Hernández, Rubén Santiago, Cristian Moya, Pablo Navarro, José Palomar. Multiscale evaluation of CO2-derived cyclic carbonates to separate hydrocarbons: Drafting new competitive processes. Fuel Processing Technology 2021, 212 , 106639. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fuproc.2020.106639
- Hesam Ahmadian Behrooz, R. Bozorgmehry Boozarjomehry. Prediction of limiting activity coefficients for binary vapor-liquid equilibrium using neural networks. Fluid Phase Equilibria 2017, 433 , 174-183. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fluid.2016.10.033
- Mark D. Williams-Wynn, Trevor M. Letcher, Paramespri Naidoo, Deresh Ramjugernath. Activity coefficients at infinite dilution of organic solutes in diethylene glycol and triethylene glycol from gas–liquid chromatography. The Journal of Chemical Thermodynamics 2013, 65 , 120-130. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jct.2013.05.011
- Mark D. Williams-Wynn, Trevor M. Letcher, Paramespri Naidoo, Deresh Ramjugernath. Activity coefficients at infinite dilution of organic solutes in N-formylmorpholine and N-methylpyrrolidone from gas–liquid chromatography. The Journal of Chemical Thermodynamics 2013, 61 , 154-160. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jct.2013.02.006