Solubility of β-Carotene in Binary Solvents Formed by Some Hydrocarbons with Dibutyl Ether and 1,2-Dimethoxyethane
Experimental results are reported for the solubility of β-carotene in six binary mixed solvents formed by dibutyl ether with cyclohexane, hexane, and toluene and by 1,2-dimethoxyethane with cyclohexane, hexane, and toluene at 293.15 K. A spectral colorimeter was used for analysis of β-carotene concentration. The β-carotene solubility in the pure solvents increases in the order 1,2-dimethoxyethane < hexane < dibutyl ether < cyclohexane < toluene. The solubility data as a function of the binary solvent mass fractions were smoothed by the Myers Scott equation for asymmetric functions.
This article is cited by 7 publications.
- Jecksin Ooi, Denny K. S. Ng, Nishanth G. Chemmangattuvalappil. A Systematic Molecular Design Framework with the Consideration of Competing Solvent Recovery Processes. Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research 2019, 58
, 13210-13226. https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.iecr.9b01894
- Teresa Treszczanowicz,, Teresa Kasprzycka-Guttman, and, Andrzej J. Treszczanowicz. Solubility of β-Carotene in Binary Solvents Formed by Some Hydrocarbons with 2,5,8-Trioxanonane, 2-Propanone, and Cyclohexanone. Journal of Chemical & Engineering Data 2007, 52
, 261-264. https://doi.org/10.1021/je060376d
- Teresa Treszczanowicz,, Teresa Kasprzycka-Guttmans, and, Andrzej J. Treszczanowicz. Solubility of β-Carotene in Binary Solvents Formed by Some Hydrocarbons with tert-Butyl Methyl Ether and with tert-Amyl Methyl Ether. Journal of Chemical & Engineering Data 2005, 50
, 973-976. https://doi.org/10.1021/je0495583
- Yagya Gupta, Souryadeep Bhattacharyya, Dionisios G. Vlachos. Extraction of valuable chemicals from food waste via computational solvent screening and experiments. Separation and Purification Technology 2023, 316 , 123719. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.seppur.2023.123719
- William Acree, James S. Chickos. Phase Transition Enthalpy Measurements of Organic and Organometallic Compounds and Ionic Liquids. Sublimation, Vaporization, and Fusion Enthalpies from 1880 to 2015. Part 2. C11–C192. Journal of Physical and Chemical Reference Data 2017, 46
- Feelly Ruether, Gabriele Sadowski. Solubility of Complex Natural and Pharmaceutical Substances. 2011, 27-54. https://doi.org/10.1002/9783527635122.ch2
- . Solubility Data in Binary Solvent Mixtures. 2009, 203-505. https://doi.org/10.1201/9781439804889-c3