Liquid−Liquid Equilibria for the Binary Systems of Sulfolane with Cycloalkanes
Liquid−liquid equilibrium (LLE) data were measured for two binary systems containing sulfolane and cycloalkanes (cyclohexane and cyclooctane) over the temperature range around 300 K to the near upper critical solution temperature (UCST) using circulation-type equipment with an equilibrium view cell. The compositions of both cycloalkane-rich and sulfolane-rich phases were analyzed by on-line gas chromatography. The binary liquid−liquid equilibrium data were correlated with the NRTL and UNIQUAC models using temperature-dependent parameters. The NRTL and UNIQUAC models correlate the experimental data well.
This article is cited by 5 publications.
- Qin Wang, Jing Y. Chen, Ming Pan, Chang He, Chang C. He, Bing J. Zhang, Qing L. Chen. A new sulfolane aromatic extractive distillation process and optimization for better energy utilization. Chemical Engineering and Processing - Process Intensification 2018, 128 , 80-95. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cep.2018.04.011
- Young H. Kim. Energy Savings in the Benzene‐Toluene‐Xylene Separation Process Using an Extended Divided‐Wall Column. Chemical Engineering & Technology 2016, 39
, 2312-2322. https://doi.org/10.1002/ceat.201500605
- Young Han Kim. Energy saving of benzene separation process for environmentally friendly gasoline using an extended DWC (divided wall column). Energy 2016, 100 , 58-65. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.energy.2016.01.087
- Zhengrong Wang, Shuqian Xia, Peisheng Ma. (Liquid+liquid) equilibria for the ternary system of (N-formylmorpholine+ethylbenzene+2,2,4-trimethylpentane) at temperatures (303.15, 313.15, and 323.15) K. Fluid Phase Equilibria 2012, 328 , 25-30. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fluid.2012.05.010
- Zhengrong Wang, Shuqian Xia, Peisheng Ma, Tao Liu, Kewei Han. (Liquid+liquid) equilibrium for binary systems of N-formylmorpholine with alkanes. The Journal of Chemical Thermodynamics 2012, 47 , 228-233. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jct.2011.10.022