The vapor pressure data of dimethyl ether (RE170), an ozone-friendly refrigerant, was measured using a constant-volume apparatus. Measurements were carried out at temperatures from (219 to 361) K and at pressures from (22 to 2622) kPa. A total of 71 experimental points were obtained. The measurements were fitted to a Wagner-type equation and an absolute deviation of 0.26 %. After a literature survey of the saturated pressure experimental findings, our experimental results were compared with the REFPROP 7.0 prediction together with the published data.
This article is cited by 12 publications.
- Jiangtao Wu, Joseph W. Magee. Heat Capacity of Saturated and Compressed Liquid Dimethyl Ether at Temperatures from (132 to 345) K and at Pressures to 35 MPa. Journal of Chemical & Engineering Data 2018, 63 (5) , 1713-1723. https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.jced.8b00037
- Alessia Arteconi, Giovanni Di Nicola, Giulio Santori and Roman Stryjek. Second Virial Coefficients for Dimethyl Ether. Journal of Chemical & Engineering Data 2009, 54 (6) , 1840-1843. https://doi.org/10.1021/je800939p
- Jiangtao Wu and Jianguo Yin. Vapor Pressure Measurements of Dimethyl Ether from (213 to 393) K. Journal of Chemical & Engineering Data 2008, 53 (9) , 2247-2249. https://doi.org/10.1021/je800375t
- Tomoya TSUJI, Taka-aki HOSHINA. Measurement of Vapor-liquid Equilibria (VLE) for the Ternary, Propane + Dimethyl Ether + Butane, and the Three Constituent Binaries, and Predicted Values by the Benedict-Webb-Rubin (BWR) Equation of State: Measurement and Prediction of Thermophysical Properties for Dimethyl Ether with Liquefied Petroleum Gas Components (Part 2). Journal of the Japan Petroleum Institute 2020, 63 (4) , 172-183. https://doi.org/10.1627/jpi.63.172
- Manuel C. Bauer, Andrea Kruse. The use of dimethyl ether as an organic extraction solvent for biomass applications in future biorefineries: A user-oriented review. Fuel 2019, 254 , 115703. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fuel.2019.115703
- Ram R. Ratnakar, Birol Dindoruk, Loren C. Wilson. Phase behavior experiments and PVT modeling of DME-brine-crude oil mixtures based on Huron-Vidal mixing rules for EOR applications. Fluid Phase Equilibria 2017, 434 , 49-62. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fluid.2016.11.021
- Ram R. Ratnakar, Birol Dindoruk, Loren Wilson. Experimental investigation of DME–water–crude oil phase behavior and PVT modeling for the application of DME-enhanced waterflooding. Fuel 2016, 182 , 188-197. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fuel.2016.05.096
- Ganesh Kamath, MaryBeth Ketko, Gary A. Baker, Jeffrey J. Potoff. Monte Carlo predictions of phase equilibria and structure for dimethyl ether + sulfur dioxide and dimethyl ether + carbon dioxide. The Journal of Chemical Physics 2012, 136 (4) https://doi.org/10.1063/1.3677880
- Jiangtao Wu, Yong Zhou, Eric W. Lemmon. An Equation of State for the Thermodynamic Properties of Dimethyl Ether. Journal of Physical and Chemical Reference Data 2011, 40 (2) https://doi.org/10.1063/1.3582533
- José M.S. Fonseca, Ralf Dohrn, Stephanie Peper. High-pressure fluid-phase equilibria: Experimental methods and systems investigated (2005–2008). Fluid Phase Equilibria 2011, 300 (1-2) , 1-69. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fluid.2010.09.017
- A. Arteconi, G. Di Nicola, M. Moglie, G. Santori, R. Stryjek. Alternative biofuels. Journal of Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry 2010, 99 (3) , 899-903. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10973-009-0488-3
- A. Arteconi, G. Di Nicola, M. Moglie, G. Santori, R. Stryjek. PVT properties of an alternative biofuel: dimethyl ether. Journal of Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry 2009, 97 (2) , 631-636. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10973-009-0221-2