Densities and Viscosities of Naphthalen-1-ol, Naphthalen-2-ol, and 1-Aminonaphthalene in the Solvents of Ethanol, Propan-1-ol, and Butan-1-ol
Densities and viscosities of naphthalen-1-ol, naphthalen-2-ol, and 1-aminonaphthalene in solvents of ethanol, propan-1-ol, and butan-1-ol were measured at T = (293.15, 303.15, 313.15, 323.15, and 333.15) K under atmospheric pressure. Guimarães's equation and the extended Jones–Dole equation were utilized to correlate the densities and viscosities of naphthalen-1-ol, naphthalen-2-ol, and 1-aminonaphthalene alcoholic solutions, respectively. The apparent molar volumes were calculated at T = (293.15, 303.15, 313.15, 323.15, and 333.15) K using experimental densities. Limiting apparent molar volumes were analyzed and discussed in terms of solute–solvent and solute–solute interactions. The dependence of the viscosity on temperature could be well-explained by the Arrhenius type equation involving viscous flow activation energies that always increase with solute concentration for a given solvent.
This article is cited by 8 publications.
- Xiaopo Wang, Heyu Jia, Xiaojie Wang, Feridun Esmaeilzadeh. Liquid Density and Viscosity of Ethyl Caprate/1-Propanol Mixture at High Pressures. Journal of Chemical & Engineering Data 2022, 67
, 1438-1449. https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.jced.2c00180
- Daofan Ma, Xiaofeng Jiang, Guoqiang Wei, and Chunying Zhu . Volumetric and Viscometric Studies of Amino Acids in Vitamin B6 Aqueous Solutions at Various Temperatures. Journal of Chemical & Engineering Data 2015, 60
, 1279-1290. https://doi.org/10.1021/je500975a
- Gustavo A. Iglesias-Silva, Micael Bravo-Sánchez, and Alejandro Estrada-Baltazar , Christian Bouchot , Kenneth R. Hall . P–ρ–T Data for 1-Butanol and Isobutyl Alcohol from (283.15 to 363.15) K at Pressures up to 66 MPa. Journal of Chemical & Engineering Data 2015, 60
, 1076-1090. https://doi.org/10.1021/je5010214
- Chunying Zhu, Shuang Han, Jingru Liu, and Youguang Ma . Densities and Viscosities of Diaminotoluene with Water, Ethanol, Propan-1-ol, and Butan-1-ol from (293.15 to 333.15) K. Journal of Chemical & Engineering Data 2014, 59
, 880-889. https://doi.org/10.1021/je400968v
- Sofia Sotiriadou, Eleftheria Ntonti, Danai Velliadou, Konstantinos D. Antoniadis, Marc J. Assael, Marcia L. Huber. Reference Correlation for the Viscosity of Ethanol from the Triple Point to 620 K and Pressures Up to 102 MPa. International Journal of Thermophysics 2023, 44
- Christian Wohlfarth. Viscosity of butan-1-ol. 2017, 127-129. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-662-49218-5_112
- Christian Wohlfarth. Viscosity of ethanol. 2017, 49-51. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-662-49218-5_45
- Zhenyu Bao, Weijiang Zhang, Yinglai Chen, Jiao Xu, Xianbao Cui. Densities, viscosities and volumetric properties of BF3·anisole and BF3·phenetole complexes at T=(283.15 to 303.15)K. Journal of Molecular Liquids 2014, 198 , 187-192. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.molliq.2014.06.011