Isothermal Vapor–Liquid Equilibrium Data for the 1,1,2,2-Tetrafluoroethene + 1,1,2,2,3,3,4,4-Octafluorocyclobutane Binary System: Measurement and Modeling from (248 to 283) K
- Francois J. Conradie
- Philippus L. Crouse
- Xavier Courtial
- Izak J. van der Walt
- , and
- Deresh Ramjugernath
High pressure vapor–liquid equilibrium data are presented for the 1,1,2,2-tetrafluoroethene + 1,1,2,2,3,3,4,4-octafluorocyclobutane binary system. The isothermal measurements were undertaken at (248.3, 263.0, and 282.9) K, with pressures ranging from (0.040 to 2.340) MPa. A static–analytical apparatus was used to carry out the measurements. The liquid and vapor phases were sampled at equilibrium using a movable rapid on-line sampler–injector (ROLSI). The uncertainties in the measurements are less than 0.1 K, 1.5 kPa, and 0.007 for the temperature, pressure, and equilibrium phase mole fractions, respectively. The experimental data were correlated with the Peng–Robinson equation of state incorporating the Mathias–Copeman alpha function, with the Wong–Sandler mixing rule utilizing the nonrandom two-liquid (NRTL) activity coefficient model. The model accurately describes the experimental data.
This article is cited by 7 publications.
- Francois J. Conradie, Philippus L. Crouse, Xavier Courtial, Wayne M. Nelson, Isaak J. van der Walt, and Deresh Ramjugernath . Isothermal Vapor–Liquid Equilibrium Data for the 1,1,2,3,3,3-Hexafluoroprop-1-ene +1,1,2,2,3,3,4,4-Octafluorocyclobutane Binary System: Measurement and Modeling from (292 to 352) K and Pressures up to 2.6 MPa. Journal of Chemical & Engineering Data 2015, 60 (3) , 966-969. https://doi.org/10.1021/je501047e
- Francois J. Conradie, Philippus L. Crouse, Xavier Courtial, Wayne M. Nelson, Isaak J. van der Walt, and Deresh Ramjugernath . Isothermal Vapor–Liquid Equilibrium Data for the 1,1,2,2-Tetrafluoroethene + 1,1,2,3,3,3-Hexafluoroprop-1-ene Binary System: Measurement and Modeling from (248 to 283) K. Journal of Chemical & Engineering Data 2014, 59 (1) , 82-88. https://doi.org/10.1021/je400828j
- Xiao Li, Qicong Pang, Jingjing Liu, Qian Ning, Guogeng He. Phase equilibrium for the binary mixture of 1,1,2,3,3,3-hexafluoro-1-propene (R1216) + propane (R290) at temperatures from 283.15 to 313.15 K. The Journal of Chemical Thermodynamics 2022, 167 , 106717. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jct.2021.106717
- Johannes I. Espach, Paul W. Sonnendecker, Philippus L. Crouse. Dynamic Modeling of a Sub‐zero, Fed‐Batch, Packed Distillation Column to Produce Tetrafluoroethylene. Chemical Engineering & Technology 2021, 44 (6) , 980-987. https://doi.org/10.1002/ceat.202000078
- Stephanie Peper, José M.S. Fonseca, Ralf Dohrn. High-pressure fluid-phase equilibria: Trends, recent developments, and systems investigated (2009–2012). Fluid Phase Equilibria 2019, 484 , 126-224. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fluid.2018.10.007
- Wayne Michael Nelson, Rasoul Hassanalizadeh, Deresh Ramjugernath. Phase equilibrium and critical point data for ethylene and chlorodifluoromethane binary mixtures using a new “static-analytic” apparatus. Fluid Phase Equilibria 2017, 451 , 106-113. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fluid.2017.08.005
- Zoubir Tebbal, Wayne Michael Nelson, Paramespri Naidoo, Latifa Negadi, Deresh Ramjugernath. Binary vapour-liquid equilibrium data for C7 and C9 straight-chain perfluorocarbons with ethylene. Fluid Phase Equilibria 2016, 429 , 37-44. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fluid.2016.08.015