Interactions between Sulpha Drugs and Magnesium Chloride in Aqueous Solutions at T = (288.15 to 318.15) K: Volumetric and Viscometric Approach
The densities (ρ) and viscosities (η) for sulphanilamide, sulphanilic acid, and sulphosalicylic acid dihydrate in aqueous solutions of magnesium chloride hexahydrate (0.05, 0.1, 0.25, and 0.5) mol·kg–1 at temperatures from (288.15 to 318.15) K have been measured by using vibrating tube digital densimeter and Micro–Ubbelohde type capillary viscometer, respectively. These data have been used to obtain partial molar volumes (V20) at infinite dilution and viscosity B coefficients. The present partial molar volumes and B-coefficient data in conjunction with that reported in water have further been used to calculate the corresponding transfer parameters (ΔtrV20 and ΔtrB). The results have been compared with the data already reported for these drugs in aqueous sodium chloride solutions.
This article is cited by 5 publications.
- Navalpreet Kaur, Harjinder Kaur, Neha Aggarwal, Tarlok S. Banipal, Sonika Arti. Understanding the Interaction of Pyrimidine-Based Model Compounds of DNA and RNA with Magnesium Chloride in Aqueous Solutions via Thermodynamic, Transport, and Spectroscopic Studies. Journal of Chemical & Engineering Data 2023, Article ASAP.
- Tarlok S. Banipal, Aashima Beri, and Parampaul K. Banipal . Volumetric, Viscometric, and 1H NMR Studies on Caffeine, Theophylline, and Theobromine in Aqueous Solutions of MgCl2 at Temperatures T = (288.15 to 318.15) K and at Pressure p = 101.3 kPa. Journal of Chemical & Engineering Data 2017, 62
, 3833-3847. https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.jced.7b00520
- Amandeep Kaur, Mehak, Parampaul Kaur Banipal, Tarlok Singh Banipal. Molecular interactions of local anesthetics in aqueous MgCl2 solutions: A volumetric, acoustic and spectroscopic analysis. Journal of Molecular Liquids 2022, 367 , 120505. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.molliq.2022.120505
- Harpreet Singh, Parampaul K. Banipal, Tarlok S. Banipal, Indra Bahadur. Physicochemical studies on vitamins B1, B3, B6 and C in aqueous magnesium chloride solutions at different temperatures (288.15–318.15) K and at pressure (101.3) kPa. Journal of Molecular Liquids 2021, 329 , 115596. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.molliq.2021.115596
- Santosh P. Jengathe, Sudhakar S. Dhondge, Lalitmohan J. Paliwal, Vijay M. Tangde. Molecular interactions of sodium salicylate in physiological media under the influence of electrolyte/non-electrolyte at different temperatures: Volumetric and acoustic study. The Journal of Chemical Thermodynamics 2017, 115 , 221-232. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jct.2017.08.002