The phase behavior of the system β-carotene–glyceryl trioleate–CO2 has been investigated using a variable-volume high-pressure cell. The mass fraction of β-carotene in the initial mixture with glyceryl trioleate was 0.1. The gas rich phase was sampled in the pressure range from (25 to 60) MPa at temperatures of (313, 323, and 333) K. The solubilities in dense CO2 under the investigated conditions were in the range from (4.51·10–7 to 1.22·10–5) mol·mol–1 for β-carotene and from (0.38·10–3 to 1.91·10–3) mol·mol–1 for glyceryl trioleate. The results were compared with those found in the literature. The experimental data were correlated using a density based model proposed by Chrastil.
This article is cited by 8 publications.
- Dragana Borjan, Darija Cör, Maša Knez Marevci, Ivan Grčar, Željko Knez. Phase Equilibrium Data of Tetrabutylurea, Tetramethylurea, and Tetramethylthiourea/Carbon Dioxide at Pressures up to 200 bar at 313.15 and 333.15 K. Journal of Chemical & Engineering Data 2022, 67
, 2378-2383. https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.jced.2c00079
- Željko Knez, Darija Cör, Maša Knez Hrnčič. Solubility of Solids in Sub- and Supercritical Fluids: A Review 2010–2017. Journal of Chemical & Engineering Data 2018, 63
, 860-884. https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.jced.7b00778
- Nina Trupej, Mojca Škerget, Otilija Petek, Darija Cör, and Željko Knez . Thermodynamic Data for Processing Naphthol with Supercritical Carbon Dioxide. Journal of Chemical & Engineering Data 2017, 62
, 1223-1231. https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.jced.6b00781
- Dragana Borjan, Mariusz Nowak, Irena Žižović, Željko Knez, Maša Knez Marevci. aP-x,y Equilibrium data of the binary systems of 1-Butanol and 2-Butanol with argon at 313.15 K and 333.15 K – Measurements and modeling. The Journal of Supercritical Fluids 2024, 204 , 106113. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.supflu.2023.106113
- Ralf Dohrn, Stephanie Peper, Catinca Secuianu, José M.S. Fonseca. High-pressure fluid-phase equilibria: Experimental methods, developments and systems investigated (2013–2016). Fluid Phase Equilibria 2023, 3 , 113978. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fluid.2023.113978
- Clóvis A. Balbinot Filho, Jônatas L. Dias, Evertan A. Rebelatto, Marcelo Lanza. Solubility of Food-Relevant Substances in Pure and Modified Supercritical Carbon Dioxide: Experimental Data (2011–Present), Modeling, and Related Applications. Food Engineering Reviews 2023, 15
, 466-490. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12393-023-09343-5
- Dragana Borjan, Maša Knez Marevci, Željko Knez. P-x,y Equilibrium Data of the Binary Systems of 2-Propanol, 1-Butanol and 2-Butanol with Carbon Dioxide at 313.15 K and 333.15 K. Molecules 2022, 27
, 8352. https://doi.org/10.3390/molecules27238352
- Helena Sovová, Roumiana P. Stateva. New developments in the modelling of carotenoids extraction from microalgae with supercritical CO2. The Journal of Supercritical Fluids 2019, 148 , 93-103. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.supflu.2019.03.002