Solubility of (2Z)-N-Cyclohexyl-2-(3-hydroxybenzylidine) Hydrazine Carbothioamide in Different Pure Solvents at (298.15 to 338.15) K
The solubility of (2Z)-cyclohexyl-2-(3-hydroxybenzylidine) hydrazine carbothioamide (CHBH) in eight different pure solvents namely water, ethanol, propylene glycol (PG), poly(ethylene glycol)-400 (PEG-400), ethylene glycol (EG), isopropyl alcohol (IPA), ethyl acetate (EA), and diethylene glycol monoethyl ether (Transcutol) from (298.15 to 338.15) K was measured using an isothermal method. The experimental solubilities were correlated with Apelblat equation and root mean square deviations (rmsd) were calculated. The rmsd were observed in the range of 0.000 to 0.056 in all pure solvents investigated. The correlation coefficients were observed in the range of 0.997 to 0.999 (n = 5). The mole fraction solubility of CHBH was found to be highest in Transcutol (93.80·10–3 at 298.15 K) followed by PEG-400 (71.01·10–3 at 298.15 K), PG (31.86·10–3 at 298.15 K), IPA (30.25·10–3 at 298.15 K), ethanol (13.85·10–3 at 298.15 K), EA (10.41·10–3 at 298.15 K), EG (1.85·10–3 at 298.15 K) and water (3.90·10–7 at 298.15 K). The mass fraction solubility of CHBH was also observed highest in Transcutol (0.214 kg·kg–1 at 298.15 K) followed by IPA (0.144 kg·kg–1 at 298.15 K), PG (0.120 kg·kg–1 at 298.15 K), ethanol (0.082 kg·kg–1 at 298.15 K), PEG-400 (0.053 kg·kg–1 at 298.15 K), EA (0.033 kg·kg–1 at 298.15 K), EG (8.30·10–3 kg·kg–1 at 298.15 K), and water (6.00·10–6 kg·kg–1 at 298.15 K). On the basis of these results, CHBH has been considered as freely soluble in PG, IPA, and Transcutol, soluble in EG, EA, PEG-400, and ethanol, and practically insoluble in water.
This article is cited by 11 publications.
- Faiyaz Shakeel, Mashooq A. Bhat, and Nazrul Haq . Solubility of N-(4-Chlorophenyl)-2-(pyridin-4-ylcarbonyl)hydrazinecarbothioamide (Isoniazid Analogue) in Five Pure Solvents at (298.15 to 338.15) K. Journal of Chemical & Engineering Data 2014, 59 (8) , 2660-2664. https://doi.org/10.1021/je500457p
- Mohammad Jamali, Amir Abbas Izadpanah, Masoud Mofarahi. Correlation and prediction of solubility of hydrogen in alkenes and its dissolution properties. Applied Petrochemical Research 2021, 11 (1) , 89-98. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13203-020-00260-w
- Faiyaz Shakeel, Mohd Imran, Nazrul Haq, Sultan Alshehri, Md. Khalid Anwer. Synthesis, Characterization and Solubility Determination of 6-Phenyl-pyridazin-3(2H)-one in Different Pharmaceutical Solvents. Molecules 2019, 24 (18) , 3404. https://doi.org/10.3390/molecules24183404
- Faiyaz Shakeel, Nazrul Haq, Fars K. Alanazi, Ibrahim A. Alsarra. Solubility and thermodynamic function of apremilast in different (Transcutol + water) cosolvent mixtures: Measurement, correlation and molecular interactions. Journal of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry 2017, 56 , 99-107. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jiec.2017.07.002
- Mohd Imran, Nazrul Haq, Abida, Fars K. Alanazi, Ibrahim A. Alsarra, Faiyaz Shakeel. Solubility and thermodynamics of 6-phenyl-4,5-dihydropyridazin-3(2H)-one in various neat solvents at different temperatures. Journal of Molecular Liquids 2017, 238 , 455-461. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.molliq.2017.05.032
- Fahad Almarri, Nazrul Haq, Fars K. Alanazi, Kazi Mohsin, Ibrahim A. Alsarra, Fadilah S. Aleanizy, Faiyaz Shakeel. Solubility and thermodynamic function of vitamin D3 in different mono solvents. Journal of Molecular Liquids 2017, 229 , 477-481. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.molliq.2016.12.105
- Faiyaz Shakeel, Mohd. Imran, Abida, Nazrul Haq, Fars K. Alanazi, Ibrahim A. Alsarra. Solubility and thermodynamic/solvation behavior of 6-phenyl-4,5-dihydropyridazin-3(2H)-one in different (Transcutol + water) mixtures. Journal of Molecular Liquids 2017, 230 , 511-517. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.molliq.2017.01.077
- Eun-Sol Ha, Jeong-Soo Kim, Do-Hoon Kuk, Dong-Hyeon Ha, In-hwan Baek, Min-Soo Kim. Determination and correlation of solubility of pranlukast hemihydrate in five organic solvents at different temperatures and its dissolution properties. Journal of Molecular Liquids 2017, 225 , 231-234. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.molliq.2016.11.082
- Mashooq Ahmad Bhat, Abdullah Al-Dhfyan, Azmat Ali Khan, Nouf Al-Harbi, P.S. Manogaran, Amer M. Alanazi, Hoong-Kun Fun, Mohamed A. Al-Omar. Targeting HER-2 over expressed breast cancer cells with 2-cyclohexyl-N-[(Z)-(substituted phenyl/furan-2-yl/thiophene-2-yl)methylidene]hydrazinecarbothioamide. Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry Letters 2015, 25 (1) , 83-87. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bmcl.2014.11.009
- Faiyaz Shakeel, Mashooq A. Bhat, Nazrul Haq. Thermodynamics and solubilization behavior of (2Z)-N-cyclohexyl-2-(3-hydroxybenzylidine) hydrazine carbothioamide in polyethylene glycol-400+water mixtures at (298.15 to 338.15)K. Thermochimica Acta 2015, 599 , 52-56. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tca.2014.11.019
- Faiyaz Shakeel, Nazrul Haq, Fars K. Alanazi, Ibrahim A. Alsarra. Measurement, correlation and thermodynamics of solubility of metronidazole in 2-(2-ethoxyethoxy)ethanol+water cosolvent mixtures at (298.15 to 333.15)K. Journal of Molecular Liquids 2014, 200 , 398-403. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.molliq.2014.11.008