The solubilities of 2-(4-ethylbenzoyl)benzoic acid in N,N-dimethylformamide, N-methyl-2-pyrrolidone, methanol, ethanol, 1-propanol, 2-propanol, tetrahydrofuran, benzene, 1,4-dioxane, acetone, and ethyl formate were measured using a synthetic method at temperatures in the range from (279.55 to 343.15) K under atmospheric pressure. The laser-monitoring observation technique was used to determine the dissolution of the solid phase in a solid + liquid mixture. The solubility of 2-(4-ethylbenzoyl)benzoic acid in different solvents increased as the temperature increased. Measured solubility values were well correlated as a function of temperature by the modified Apelblat equation.
To whom correspondence should be addressed. E-mail: wangshui2000@ sohu.com. Fax: +0086-10-64413151.
This article is cited by 7 publications.
- Andri Cahyo Kumoro, Diah Susetyo Retnowati and Catarina Sri Budiyati. Solubility of Delphinidin in Water and Various Organic Solvents between (298.15 and 343.15) K. Journal of Chemical & Engineering Data 2010, 55
, 2603-2606. https://doi.org/10.1021/je900851k
- Li-She Gan, Zhen-Zhen Wang and Chang-Xin Zhou. Solubility of Podophyllotoxin in Six Organic Solvents from (283.2 to 323.2) K. Journal of Chemical & Engineering Data 2009, 54
, 160-161. https://doi.org/10.1021/je8007028
- Wei Chen, Baogen Su, Huabin Xing, Yiwen Yang and Qilong Ren. Solubility of Desmosterol in Five Organic Solvents. Journal of Chemical & Engineering Data 2008, 53
, 2715-2717. https://doi.org/10.1021/je8006088
- Xia Zhao, Lishe Gan and Changxin Zhou. Solubility of 1,6,6-Trimethyl-6,7,8,9-tetrahydrophenanthro[1,2-b]furan-10,11-dione in Four Organic Solvents from (283.2 to 323.3) K. Journal of Chemical & Engineering Data 2008, 53
, 1975-1977. https://doi.org/10.1021/je800238y
- Kapil Bhesaniya, Shipra Baluja. Measurement and Correlation for Solubility of Some Pyrimidine Derivatives in Different Solvents. Journal of Applied Chemistry 2014, 2014 , 1-7. https://doi.org/10.1155/2014/450294
- Laura M. Sprunger, Sai S. Achi, Racheal Pointer, Brooke H. Blake-Taylor, William E. Acree, Michael H. Abraham. Development of Abraham model correlations for solvation characteristics of linear alcohols. Fluid Phase Equilibria 2009, 286
, 170-174. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fluid.2009.09.004
- . Solubility Data in Organic Solvents. 2009, 69-202. https://doi.org/10.1201/9781439804889-c2