Liquid–Liquid Equilibria of the Ternary System Water + Acrylic Acid + 4-Methyl-2-pentanone at 298.15 K
- Gláucia Maria F. Pinto
- Alex B. Machado
- Yurany Camacho Ardila
- Martín Aznar
- , and
- Maria Regina Wolf-Maciel
In this work, experimental liquid–liquid equilibrium data for the ternary system water + acrylic acid + 4-methyl-2-pentanone were determined at 298.15 K and atmospheric pressure. The experimental data were also compared with the values correlated by the NRTL and UNIQUAC models. Good quantitative agreement was obtained with these models. In general, the average deviations from the NRTL model are slightly greater than those from the UNIQUAC model. The reliability of the experimental tie-line data was confirmed by using the Othmer−Tobias correlation. Distribution coefficients and selectivity were evaluated for the immiscibility region.
This article is cited by 6 publications.
- Yurany C. Ardila, Alex B. Machado, Glaucia Maria F. Pinto, Rubens Maciel Filho, and Maria R. Wolf Maciel . Liquid–Liquid Equilibrium in Ternary Systems Present in Biodiesel Purification from Soybean Oil and Castor Oil at (298.2 and 333.2) K. Journal of Chemical & Engineering Data 2013, 58 (3) , 605-610. https://doi.org/10.1021/je301028r
- Javad Saien, Shabnam Daliri, and Mahdi Norouzi . Liquid–Liquid Equilibria for the System Water + 4-Methylpentan-2-one + Acetic Acid at Several Temperatures. Journal of Chemical & Engineering Data 2012, 57 (9) , 2553-2559. https://doi.org/10.1021/je3006166
- Afef Attia, Fabrice Mutelet, Roland Solimando, and Med Razzak Jeday . Evaluation of the Performance of Four Solvents for the Liquid–Liquid Extraction of Acrylic Acid from Water. Journal of Chemical & Engineering Data 2012, 57 (8) , 2114-2120. https://doi.org/10.1021/je201130h
- Hongxun Zhang, Yingming Zhang, Lei Zhang, Chen Li, and Chunshan Zhu . Ternary Liquid–Liquid Equilibria of Water + Prop-2-enoic Acid + Isobutyl Ethanoate at Different Temperatures. Journal of Chemical & Engineering Data 2011, 56 (8) , 3411-3415. https://doi.org/10.1021/je2003226
- Javad Saien and Mahdi Norouzi . Salting-Out Effect of NaCl and KCl on the Liquid–Liquid Equilibrium of Water + 2-Methylpropanoic Acid + (1-Methylethyl)-benzene System at Several Temperatures. Journal of Chemical & Engineering Data 2011, 56 (6) , 2892-2898. https://doi.org/10.1021/je200083a
- Hongxun Zhang, Yanwen Gong, Chen Li, Lei Zhang, and Chunshan Zhu . Liquid−Liquid Equilibria for the Quaternary System Water (1) + Acrylic Acid (2) + Acetic Acid (3) + Cyclohexane (4) at (293.15, 303.15, and 313.15) K. Journal of Chemical & Engineering Data 2011, 56 (5) , 2332-2336. https://doi.org/10.1021/je101282c