Solid−Liquid Equilibria under High Pressure of Nine Pure n-Alkylbenzenes
The melting temperatures of nine n-alkylbenzenes (undecylbenzene, dodecylbenzene, tridecylbenzene, tetradecylbenzene, pentadecylbenzene, hexadecylbenzene, heptadecylbenzene, octadecylbenzene, and nonadecylbenzene) were measured by means of a high-pressure microscope up to 100 MPa. The experimental device used in this work allowed the distinction between stable and metastable solid phases. The influences of the alkyl chain length and pressure on the melting temperatures of the stable solid phases are discussed.
This article is cited by 5 publications.
- En Wang, Jiahao Zhu, Dan Zhao, Shuyi Xie, Frank S. Bates, Timothy P. Lodge. Effect of Solvent Selectivity on Chain Exchange Kinetics in Block Copolymer Micelles. Macromolecules 2020, 53
, 417-426. https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.macromol.9b01877
- Assamoi Cédric Kouakou, Katell Le Mapihan, Jérôme Pauly. Solid–liquid equilibria under high pressure of pure fatty acid methyl esters. Fuel 2013, 109 , 297-302. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fuel.2013.01.036
- D. Fragiadakis, C. M. Roland. Connection between dynamics and thermodynamics of liquids on the melting line. Physical Review E 2011, 83
- José M.S. Fonseca, Ralf Dohrn, Stephanie Peper. High-pressure fluid-phase equilibria: Experimental methods and systems investigated (2005–2008). Fluid Phase Equilibria 2011, 300
, 1-69. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fluid.2010.09.017
- M Cassiède, J Pauly, M Milhet, M Rivaletto, I M Marrucho, J A P Coutinho, J-L Daridon. A quartz crystal microbalance technique to study wax crystallization in the presence of gas. Measurement Science and Technology 2008, 19
, 065704. https://doi.org/10.1088/0957-0233/19/6/065704