Nonuniformities of Distributions of Molecular Weights of Grafted Polymers
The nonuniformities of graft (co)polymers have been analyzed using the probability generating functions and their moments. The nonuniformity is described by ratios of averages of molecular weights of the graft (co)polymers. The general feature of the nonuniformity of graft (co)polymers is that, with increasing degree of grafting and degree of polymerization of the backbone, the nonuniformity of a graft (co)polymer passes through a maximum and approaches more or less closely the nonuniformity of the backbone (co)polymer. The nonuniformities of graft (co)polymer are a function of the number- and weight-average degrees of polymerization of the backbone and grafts and are independent of the type of the degree-of-polymerization distribution. The nonuniformity depends markedly on the disparity in the molecular weights of monomer units of the backbone copolymer and the grafts if the graft copolymer has a small number of grafts per backbone, but the disparity effect gets smaller with increasing degree of polymerization of the backbone and fraction of graftable units.
This article is cited by 11 publications.
- Vladimír Raus, Ana Hološ, Juraj Kronek, Jaroslav Mosnáček. Well-Defined Linear and Grafted Poly(2-isopropenyl-2-oxazoline)s Prepared via Copper-Mediated Reversible-Deactivation Radical Polymerization Methods. Macromolecules 2020, 53 (6) , 2077-2087. https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.macromol.9b02662
- Shaohua Gou, Shiwei Li, Mingming Feng, Qin Zhang, Qinglin Pan, Jun Wen, Yuanpeng Wu, and Qipeng Guo . Novel Biodegradable Graft-Modified Water-Soluble Copolymer Using Acrylamide and Konjac Glucomannan for Enhanced Oil Recovery. Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research 2017, 56 (4) , 942-951. https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.iecr.6b04649
- Karel Dušek, Miroslava Dušková-Smrčková, Jos Huybrechts, and Andrea Ďuračková . Polymer Networks from Preformed Precursors Having Molecular Weight and Group Reactivity Distributions. Theory and Application. Macromolecules 2013, 46 (7) , 2767-2784. https://doi.org/10.1021/ma302396u
- Karel Dušek, Miroslava Dušková-Smrčková. Polymer Networks From Nanosized Functional Precursors. Macromolecular Symposia 2017, 372 (1) , 14-27. https://doi.org/10.1002/masy.201600170
- Karel Dušek, Jos Huybrechts, Miroslava Dušková-Smrčková. Role of Distributions in Binders and Curatives and Their Effect on Network Evolution and Structure. 2017, 3-37. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-51627-1_1
- Karel Dušek, Miroslava Dušková-Smrčková, C. Brent Douglas. Swelling of Coating Films. 2017, 271-291. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-51627-1_12
- Ralf Leinweber, Peter Montag, Jasmin Preis, Wolfgang Radke. Characterization of poly(methyl methacrylate)- graft -poly(styrene)s using various chromatographic techniques. Journal of Chromatography A 2016, 1473 , 76-82. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chroma.2016.10.046
- Miloš Netopilík, Miroslav Janata, Romana Svitáková, Olga Trhlíková, Dušan Berek, Eva Macova, Zuzana Limpouchová, Karel Procházka. Chromatographic study of the conformational behavior of graft copolymers with a broad distribution of grafting densities in dilute solutions in selective solvents for grafts. Journal of Liquid Chromatography & Related Technologies 2016, 39 (1) , 50-58. https://doi.org/10.1080/10826076.2015.1126727
- Jana Hajduová, Karel Procházka, Vladimír Raus, Miroslav Šlouf, Vladislav Krzyžánek, Vasil M. Garamus, Miroslav Štěpánek. Structure of polymeric nanoparticles in surfactant-stabilized aqueous dispersions of high-molar-mass hydrophobic graft copolymers. Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects 2014, 456 , 10-17. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.colsurfa.2014.04.059
- Karel Dušek, Miroslava Dušková-Smrčková. Modeling of Polymer Network Formation from Preformed Precursors. Macromolecular Reaction Engineering 2012, 6 (11) , 426-445. https://doi.org/10.1002/mren.201200028
- Miloš Netopilík. Size-exclusion-chromatography separation of randomly branched polymers with tetrafunctional branch points and local dispersity. Journal of Chromatography A 2012, 1260 , 97-101. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chroma.2012.08.055